Monday, February 1, 2016

And so February begins

For some reason February always seems like the longest month, despite it being the shortest.

Hope this finds all of you well today!

It's currently a comfortable 47 degrees today, yesterday it reached 60 here which was awesome! Although I was stuck inside all day attempting to understand C.S. Lewis, but it was still good!

Things have been going alright around here the past few weeks. Ministry itself is not always the easier job, and can lead to high amounts of stress, so I've been trying to find ways to relieve that stress that comes with the job. We're still working on that though.

Currently CSF is working on helping the Campus Activities Board with different events throughout the semester, just to be a blessing to campus. We have a couple things in mind that we shared with CAB, and they're looking like they could turn out well! We're thinking about providing food and coffee or tea for different events on campus, having a game night the week before spring break, helping sponsor different events that CAB is doing as well.

This past week at CSF we talked about "Why do bad things happen to good people?" The answer is simple enough, but not always easy to swallow. For the students that were there and the discussion that we had they were accepting of my point of view and the reasons that I see behind suffering in the world. This week I'm not entirely sure which topic we want to discuss, I've been doing a fair amount of research on cognitive cycles and how we as humans are wired so we could discuss how to maximize our time and turn work into worship. But I've also been doing research on capitalism and wrestling with how as Christians we should view it, if we should support it or not, and if this is an economic system that Christ would approve of, which of course would lead to the discussion of, "Is America a Christian nation?" which could quickly lead to come arguments. I'm prepared for both, I just need to flip a coin to decide which to do I guess.

This week I get to hold down the fort at the church office as well. The majority of our staff are on vacation this week, so the office will be sitting empty for most of the days.

Over this past week I was able to just hang out with a couple of students which was great, and really reaffirming of what I'm doing here. While I struggle with the stress of the job, it helps to be reassured that this is where God has called me to be and what he has called me to do.

Today I'm hoping to get my monthly Newsletter written and sent out, if you are interested in receiving a copy let me know!

Thanks for all you do and your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment