Wednesday, June 11, 2014

My First Big Day!

Yes, I'm acting like a little school girl with this post. No shame.

Well I've been in Pittsburgh for three days now, and so far it's been a fun city to be in. I've been staying at my aunts house, not really doing much other than playing with her grandson. But I've been doing more than that, no worries!

Monday I met with the man I'm going to be working with, Greg. We got together for coffee, talked a bit about what's going to be going on, and some of the things that are coming up. I said in my last post that I'm going to be posting about once a week, but it may be more, but this week is now because 1) a good bit has gone on and 2) I'm leaving for a week. While talking with Greg we decided that I should go to camp with him, so Friday I'm leaving for parts unknown (to me) for a campus retreat which will go through Sunday, and then Sunday through Friday we'll be working a week of Senior High camp, which I'm excited for. What will my official job be? I have no idea, but I'll do what God has called me to do and make what positive impact I can on some kids lives.

Last night was the first time I went to a function for this internship, where I met with Greg and talked for a bit before a Bible study, composed mostly of college students. I saw some good discussion and good, deeper thoughts on the scripture that we were looking at (Matthew 22.1-14). Afterwards we went out to eat for a time of fellowship and for me to get to know some of the people. Just from some of the conversations I had I think that this is where God is calling me. I can't say why just yet, but when I figure it out I'll let you know.

Today I had an interesting time, driving to State College for a class put on by CSF, a 3 hour drive. That's a long drive by yourself through the hills of PA. But during the class we talked a bit about some of the policies and procedures here with this foundation, and went through some tax things which hopefully I will be able to remember when it comes to be that time. But then we talked about campus ministry, some of the history behind it and the college movement.

Looking at the history of campus ministry and some of the stats we can see that campus is where God really likes to start stuff. There have been revivals at multiple campuses and lasting for days or even years. God does amazing things at campuses.

A lot of the history that we talked about really encouraged me with what's going to be going on here at this ministry, and I'm interested to see what God does in this next year.

Please remember me, U of Pitt, the city, and CSF in your prayers, and lets see what God does in this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment