Monday, June 1, 2015

And Here's June!

Well one final week of being busy and May has come to a close.

Last week I wrote on Sunday and detailed some plans as to how I'm going to be keeping everyone up to date with the ministry that you're supporting. I was going to put out a newsletter last week, but I thought is to write them the first Monday of the month and send them out that week. Well today is that first Monday, so I plan on getting it written today!

As for this past week, I've been doing a good number of things! Not all ministry related, but a couple have been. Monday was Memorial Day, and marked 11 1/2 months in Pittsburgh and I noticed I haven't done anything Pittsburgh-y since I've been here. So I went and explored the town a bit. And by explored the town I mean Greg took me up Mt. Washington on the incline and we had lunch up there. Then after that we went back down the incline, tried to find a place to park to go see the point, which didn't work, so we went to the Carnegie Museum and wandered around a bit. Greg's wife works there and gets us in for free which is awesome. I feel like I could spend an entire day there and still feel like I haven't seen everything. We'll see if that's true in July!

Tuesday we ended up going to a Pirates game with some students and their friends/family/significant others. 8 of us in total went, sitting in the Left Field bleachers right behind Marte. The girls that went with us kept trying to get him to toss a ball to them but they didn't want to get too loud. It was a really fun time with the students, hanging out, watching the game, yelling at Yelich. I'm hoping that the students will be up for another game in the near future since it went off so well. 

Throughout the week I've been doing stuff around the house, nothing too exciting. Prep for video game camp has begun. I've been thinking about how I'm going to be having things set up, trying to figure out what games to play, how to incorporate them into lessons and Christianity, and trying to find systems and controllers. We'll see how all that works out, hopefully well. 

As for this week, my summer semester "officially" starts. I put that in quotes because I haven't received a syllabus yet, but I also don't have by book yet either, so that's cool. This week will hopefully be full of productivity for camp, ministry, and fundraising. But I'll let you know how that goes next week!

Until then, thank you for your support, and be expecting letters from me soon!

Your minister in the field, 

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment