Monday, June 8, 2015

One Last Free Week

So this is probably going to be the last update for June, and this is why.

The next two weeks I have camp! But before we get to that, I want to talk about the previous week to let you know what's been going on.

Overall the past week has just been planning for stuff. I'm awaiting my syllabus to arrive so that I can begin work for class. I also have two weeks of camp coming up, one of which I'm the mission so I have an hour every day that I have to have something for, and the week after that I'm deaning a week of video game camp. Both of these require a good amount of work, which I'm attempting to prep for. So this past week and this coming week have been/will be devoted to that.

Other than that not much has gone on this week. I've been trying to send out newletters via email, but the email I was using isn't working for some reason so it's back to ol' reliable Gmail!

This week has had a good number of church activities though. Tuesday was Bible study were the conversation stuck with, "People get mad at me for sharing the gospel with them and I don't know how to fight back." It seemed at times as if we were making progress with the person that was having trouble with that, but time will tell. Friday we had a free community dinner for Greenfield, where the church is located. We had a good turnout for our first, about 30 people. We had noodles with some different sauces, both red and white, and some chicken to go with it. For our first one it went well! Sunday (yesterday) the city of Pittsburgh started its summer movie nights, where they show a movie in parks for free. Last night was the Sandlot, one of my top five favorite movies, and we had a good sized group there, even having one of our students that's in town this summer come out to join us.

This week is looking busy with getting ready for camps, planning, writing, packing, finishing laundry, and all that. I would appreciate your prayers for the coming weeks as I'm going to be pretty stressed and busy.

This coming Thursday I have my interview for Altoona, which I'm excited for. I'm sure it'll go well but prayers would still be appreciated.

For Altoona, I've been having some idea's rolling around in my head about themes for the year, possible events, and whatever else campus ministry would entail. I'm thinking for the year of just looking at who Jesus is, and building that foundation that can be built upon. I know that the students know who Jesus is, but I love what Paul says in 1 Corinthians 2.2, "I know nothing but Christ and him crucified." Wherever I go, whenever I preach, whenever I teach, I know nothing but the Christ and him crucified and risen from the dead. That is what my hope is in, that is the reason I'm here today and do what God has called me to do. Without the foundation of who Jesus is and what it means that he is the Christ, we will never truly understand our hope.

But that's just thoughts rolling around in my head right now. I do have to get through these next three weeks first before I really start tackling that.

But overall that's all that's really going on. I know that's not a lot, but I'm still working out a lot with God as to future plans for the ministry I'm going to be a part of. I also have a packed summer that I have to continually get prepared for.

As always, thank you for your support and prayers, and I'll attempt to update in the coming weeks, but if not be looking for an update June 29th at the latest!

No comments:

Post a Comment