Tuesday, July 28, 2015

The Tuesday that became a Monday

So today's Tuesday, not Monday, but I still feel I need to update this week since so much has been happening!

The past two weeks I haven't been able to post because I was on vacation to and from Oklahoma. ended up being about 2400 miles of driving over 8 days, and we hit 9 states (my girlfriend went with me).

During our time out west I spent a lot of time working on homework and getting a sermon ready. This past Sunday I preached both services at my home church over unity in the Spirit. I feel that both services went really well, I seemed to get a good response from those that were there. After the service I got back on stage to switch hats and talked about the ministry that I've been a part of the past year and about the ministry that I'm coming into.

Unfortunately I didn't gain any extra support, but I know that God will continue to provide for me.

I can already see this beginning to happen too.

Yesterday I spent the day in Altoona, trying to get some business stuff done on campus and also looking for apartments. I ended up finding one, with is $450 a month including all utilities except electric and I get to keep my cat! It's right around 3 miles from campus, and I think it'll be a good place for me to be the next year or two. The only hurdle I need to get over right now is I need my security deposit.

After I was done looking at apartments and got as much business stuff done as I could I was able to meet with the president of our fellowship and got to talk with him for a few hours about the coming year, plans, events, our theme for the year, how we're going to run it, and just life. The longer him and I talked the more excited I got about this coming year and what God is going to do.

Today I've been packing stuff up. So far I have most of my books packed, which was a surprising amount. As the weeks go on I'll continue to be packing up things up, getting ready for a big move.

In two weeks I got class down in Kentucky, which means for the first time in 25 years I'll have class on my birthday. Which I'm not excited about. But oh well, it's where I'm supposed to be so I can learn even more!

But over all things have been going well. God continually provides and helps, and I will continue to live my life based off of his promises.

Thank you for taking your time to read this, and as always, feel free to get a hold of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment