Monday, August 24, 2015

Hello from Altoona!

Hey! It's Monday again!

Sorry for not posting last week, I was moving the majority of my stuff out to my new place!
I hope this finds you well and having a great end to an awesome summer.
Well a good bit has gone on the past few weeks, so I'll go ahead and get started.

Two weeks ago I was in Kentucky for a class called Doctrine of Salvation. It was a good class, and it helped me become more firm in some of my theologies. I don't want to bore you with the details, but it was a really good class and helped me realize that I didn't ever believe in substitution atonement. It just doesn't work in my mind.
During that week I celebrated my 25th Birthday, the first time I ever had class on my birthday. I got taken out to dinner by my wonderful girlfriend who was on campus for RA training, and was given some awesome records that I've put to good use. We also celebrated her birthday, which was just this past Thursday, since I wouldn't be there.

That next Monday, the 17th, I did the initial move to Altoona into my new apartment! I ended up renting a trailer from U-Haul, and Greg helped me out by loaning himself and his van. We packed that tight, and then the trailer with all my big stuff and headed east. When we got here we did a quick unload then headed back. The apartment is close to campus, with and awesome set up and flow (partially to me because I rock like that). That night I had one final night in Pittsburgh to finish packing and to clean the house. I got to see my aunt one last time, though on the way back I had to take a 45 minute detour just to get on the other side of the Ft. Pitt tunnel (Thanks Pittsburgh). But it was good hanging out with my family there before I left. Tuesday I loaded up my truck with the rest of my stuff, mostly just random things, my M&M man for blankets, and my cat. I got in Tuesday afternoon, unloaded, and finally started to settle in. The rest of my week was spent getting things put away just right, but I think I finally got it!

Wednesday I got to have lunch with the minister at the church that I'm partnering with and we had some really good conversation. I think this is going to be a really good relationship between CSF and the church. I'm actually in my office now, because this is the only place I can get on the internet at the moment!

Sunday I went to this church for the first time and got to meet a few people. Next Sunday I'll be introduced to the church officially. Today was the first day of classes at Penn State so I've spent the majority of my time on campus. I have an office there as well, shared with another campus minister. I got keys for all that, we have a new meeting place, and it was overall a pretty good and productive day! I also got to spend a lot of time with our president for the year who's a major asset for being a new minister on a new campus. We started making plans for things during the year, and I'm really looking forward to what God's going to do through our ministry.

Tomorrow is our first CSF meeting. It's going to be a time of just hanging out, eating, playing games, and fellowship. I'm really excited to get to know our students this year. But overall that's what's been going on. Be looking for the next post next Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment