Monday, October 19, 2015

Well it's been a month.

Heart felt apologizes for the lack of up dates. Let me explain!

After attempting to find a groove for this ministry, it decidedly picked up.

We're on our 9th week of classes here at Penn State, and it has been a roller coaster so far.

Our first week we had students just to hang out.
Then our next two weeks we started off our study of Religion as a Verb, and had a fair number of students, 8 and 9.
Then the bottom dropped out. All of the students we had coming disappeared and since then we've been building from the ground up.
It's taken every week to reevaluate and see what is wrong with the ministry and the damage done from the past. Eventually we've come to the conclusion that there was a big fire and everything except the land is gone. So we are literally building from the ground up.

Our past couple of weeks have been better though. Three weeks ago we got another two students as we got into Luke for the first time. Again a reevaluation needed to be done for how our time together was going to go, and that change seems to be effective. The next week we had a group of 6 join which was awesome. Great discussion was had, concepts learned, and Jesus was talked about. This previous week I was in Kentucky for class, but our president led. We'll see how that went.

Every Wednesday I've been helping out with the Senior high group at the church, and Sunday mornings I've been helping with the Junior high. Wednesday after the Sr. Hi. group we have a college aged Bible study where they decided they want to go through Revelation. Whoop. Then on Friday's I started meeting with our president to go through the Book of Hebrews.

On top of all of that, I've been working on our curriculum for the semester, and finally getting that done I'm going to be attempting to get a lesson a day done for next semester.

There's also been meetings at church, meetings with students, grad homework and trying to find time to make sure I don't lose my mind.

These past five weeks have been incredibly busy, but also rewarding. I'm thankful for the opportunity that God has given me to be here and minister to the campus.

A few things that are coming up, this week we have Fall Retreat which I'm really looking forward to. Next weekend we're working a Penn State game at a concession stand, which we also did the 10th and will again November 21st. November is looking full as well, but we'll worry about that when we get to it.

As always, thank you for your prayers and support. If you ever want to hear from me personally just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment